- Support the due diligence process in evaluating new private equity fund investments, direct co-investments, and secondary transactions.
- Analyze and monitor the performance of fund managers and underlying portfolio companies.
- Complete analytical projects related to performance attribution, portfolio construction, investment strategy, and industry trends.
- Prepare, analyze, and explain historical and projected financial information.
- Produce written reports and presentations for the Investment Committee, summarizing recommendations and providing analytical support.
- Support portfolio review and valuation process.
- Help maintain the internal fund and company database.
- Assist with preparation of client updates and reporting materials.
- Strong academic record in finance, economics, or another analytical undergraduate degree.
- Minimum GPA of 3.3/4.0
- Diversity is valued (e.g., demographic, socioeconomic, personality type, educational background).
- 4-plus years of solid investment and/or analytical work experience, background in asset management, equity research, or consulting/accounting preferred.
- The candidate must be detail-oriented, pro-active, self-motivated, and able to manage multiple projects concurrently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated understanding of or strong desire to further deepen knowledge about private equity, company valuation techniques, accounting concepts, and complex financial modeling.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
Outstanding base salary, commensurate with depth of experience + annual bonus, based on performance. Full benefits package, including health + dental + vision insurance, paid time off, and retirement savings plan with employer matching contribution.
Crescentem is an alternative investment management consulting firm, providing institutional investors with private equity, hedge fund, and esoteric investment allocation guidance, and alternative investment managers with capital raising expertise. For institutional investors, we source, select, and conduct ongoing due diligence on some of the most distinct alternative investments across the globe. The firm promotes a culture that is highly collaborative and collegial. The structure is nonhierarchical with direct access to Investment Partners, providing a comprehensive training and mentorship experience for ongoing career development. The Research Analyst will participate in all aspects of the investment process in a generalist role in a lean organizational environment and report to Managing Principal, Arshad Azim.